Tripura State Pollution Control Board
LABORATORY & ANALYSIS
The Tripura State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) was set up by the Government of Tripura in the year 1988 under the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and the Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. The TSPCB has established its Environmental Laboratory in 2002 at Gorkhabasti, P.N.Complex, Agartala. The main objectives of Environmental Laboratory of TSPCB are:-
- To asses Water Quality for ground water, surface water and waste water throughout the State.
- To asses the Air Quality status of the State.
- To asses Noise Level of the State.
- To survey, collect and compile the State’s water, air, environmental database and advise the State Government in classifying areas as Water and Air Pollution Control Areas.
- To lay down, modify and annual standards in consultation with the Central Pollution Control Board.
This Environmental Laboratory caters to the need of the Schools and other Educational Institutions like Tripura University, ICFAI University, National Institute of Technology, Tripura Institute of Technology, Law College, Agriculture College, etc. It is well equipped with sophisticated instruments like AAS, UV-Spectrophotometer, Kjeldahl Nitrogen analyzer, Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Station, Respirable Dust Sampler, etc. besides the basic equipment/instruments. The laboratory also performs all routine analytical works in addition to some research related programs.
Sri Bishu Karmakar (Lab Incharge)
Scientist – B
Parivesh Bhawan, P.N. Complex,Gorkhabasti, P.O. Kunjaban, Agartala, Tripura-799006
Phone: 0381 2312589
Content of the Website is maintained by Tripura State Pollution Control Board